Monday, August 26, 2013

ups and downs

blouse: c/o so kate   necklace: groopdealz   shoes: kohls (recent clearance $8)

Ups
This blouse from the online boutique So Kate.  There are so many cute clothes that I had a hard time picking out one thing! I would also like to own this polka dot blazer or this floral necklace.  
We made it through our first trip to a store alone last week.  I was nervous the whole time that Addilyn would start crying, but she slept the whole time.  She must love Target.  Thank goodness. 
I usually do not do anything cute or impressive with my nails, unlike my sister Lauren.  But I tried out the new Sally Hansen fuzzy nail polish and loved it.  Read more about it, as well as my tutorial for my nails here!

I got through the one day of work that I had to go to for a long time.  I left Addilyn home with Chris for the morning half and picked her up at lunch to come back with me for the afternoon.  I missed her like crazy and couldn't not think about what she was doing every minute.  Thankfully Chris did great with her! 
I've made a few desserts since Addilyn was born, and finally made a real dinner last week.  I'm looking forward to getting into a routine of cooking again, as it's been quite a long time since I wanted to make dinner.  Like over 9 months a long time.  Now if someone would just do the grocery shopping part for me.
Blogging friends.  My friend Maria sent this sweet card and book all the way from Holland!  I am continually amazed at the thoughtful and amazing woman I've met through blogging who have prayed for me and encouraged me this last year and a half.  

Downs
The bachlorette is over.  I didn't even like this season but am a loyal fan and will probably watch it no matter what.  And so I miss it.  Hurry on up Fall shows.  

Nighttime.  It stresses me out.  Sometimes a lot. I struggle between the idea of starting some kind of schedule and just letting her do own thing for now as she is still so little.  Sometimes I find reading about it and hearing what others are doing helpful, but sometimes it stresses me out more.  
Alone time with Chris not happening.  Working through this major transition has had its challenges as eight years of marriage has made us very used to plenty of time alone together.  I'm absolutely loving that we are now a family of three and realizing that this is a season of life we are in and we'll just have to work harder to work on our marriage. 
While she does look happy here, I know Molly is struggling to adjust to life with a baby in our house.  Inevitably the amount of attention she gets has definitely decreased and I feel sad for her.  Hopefully once Addilyn requires a little less attention and we get into more of a routine, I'll be able to love on Molly some more!

I went to Kohls with my mom last weekend and Addilyn had a huge spit up/throw up disaster.  It was all over her onsie, carseat, stroller - everywhere.  And it just kept coming.  I felt so bad and was SO glad my mom was with me to help.  

What was the best part and worst part of your week last week?

Photobucket
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment