Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lace love & Snickers


I am loving all things lace and was so excited to find a tutorial on how to make this lace scarf.  
I used a green silk fabric for the backing part.  I struggled a little bit with the part where you sew the lace ends together, flip it around and sew the silk together - but I figured it out.  
It really was pretty simple and I LOVE it! 


My family came over for dinner on Saturday night for my mom's birthday.  
Her favorite candy bar is Snickers so I made this recipe, which did taste exactly like Snickers.  
And to no surprise, Chris told me this was his favorite dessert ever.  


I also made these Savory Spinach Bites.  And despite my brother only eating one bite, because it tasted too much like spinach - everyone else loved them! 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! 
I love you so much and could not have been blessed with a better mom.
Thank you for listening to me, loving me and being one of my best friends!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! 
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. that scarf is magnificent! i want to try it! mmm spinach bites :) think i will be trying that recipe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those bars are making my mouth water! Hello, Btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg dear those recipes and scarf looks fantastic!
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh boy! You should NOT have showed me those bars. I'm bookmarking those to make the next time I need something sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf is beautiful! And oh man, those Snickers bars....I die. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Katie - I LOVE this scarf - it's so pretty! And, I love how you paired it with the pastels :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmygosh! Those snickers look amazing x100! Make sure to check out my blog! If you like what you see, please follow! I follow back :)

    Best Wishes,
    classicglamblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for your comment~! I agree 100%! I followed your blog-- that scarf is gorgeous! If you like my posts, feel free to follow along! :)

    Have a great Monday,
    classicglamblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that scarf!! (and I'm going to pretend I never saw the recipe for the homemade snicker bars, if it's all the same to you! heheheheh)
    I may have to give one of those scarves a try though. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So impressed that you made that scarf yourself! And those snickers bars are making me drool. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, this was the top viewed link at the So Creative party last week!
    http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2012/02/so-creative-party-time-24.html

    ReplyDelete