Sunday, January 22, 2012

Valentine's Day Decorations

(Sometimes I wish our tv wasn't there because I think it ruins my pictures!)

I've never decorated for Valentine's day before, but pinterest inspired me to change up some of my Winter decorations.  Last weekend I made a few things and I love how they all turned out.  

Here's some close ups: 


I made the one on the left by gluing candy hearts to a styrofoam ball, sticking a skewer stick it in, filling a bucket I got in the dollar spot at Target with sand and putting it in it!  

I filled a mason jar with the rest of the candy hearts.  
The rosette ball was really easy too.  

All you need is red streamers, a styrofoam ball and a glue gun. 

Cut a piece about three or four feet long and fold it in half as you go.  


Start twisting your streamer into a circle to form a little rose bud.  


Keep twisting until you use all your piece.  Put a large circle of glue on your styrofoam ball and place the flower on top.  


This is a little time consuming, but my styrofoam ball wasn't too big so it didn't take too long. 

 This was an old vase that didn't match any of our stuff.  I cut out squares of an old text book and used modge podge to cover the vase.  


The banner is my favorite part!  I've seen a few on pinterest and decided to make my own.  It only took me about a half hour to make. 


First I cut out my banner pieces from burlap.  Then I cut out my hearts and glued them onto the burlap with my glue gun.  I then used my sewing machine to sew the pendents onto a piece of twine.  
I love how it turned out! 

Here's a peek at what I made this weekend: 


This skirt was definitely the hardest sewing project I've made yet.  I can't wait to wear it this week!

Hope you had a nice weekend!


Keeping up with the Cantelmo's


One Artsy Mama


Pin It!

23 comments:

  1. I love this entire post! You are so crafty :)
    You're inspiration needs to rub off on me.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute decorations! you make me want to decorate now!!

    xoxo, megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from COM:
    I love all burlap banners..Yours it too cute!
    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog with a post being featured on g*rated Sunday Best link up! Had to come check your blog out. Very cute...I love your tutorial for the Valentines stuff. I may have to make a trip to the craft store! I'm a new follower and look forward to seeing more of your blog!
    ~Lisa @ Organized Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, and cute! That banner is precious and great job on the skirt!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all! That banner is especially darling. You did a great job on your skirt too...you're so talented Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very VERY cute!!!! I adore the banner!! Definitely my favorite. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valentine's Day AND crafts? Two of my favorite things. :) cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great valentine's decorations katie! i have been kicking myself for not being able to make the rosettes, they look so easy but for some reason i can't. aargghh!! i want to use candy hearts for decorating my place, they are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the banner. I think I have the makings of one of my in my craft stash. Thanks for sharing. (I saw your post on Craft-o-matic)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the banner!! New from Share the Love link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I wish I was that crafty! I'm hoping to not mess up tying ribbon onto a wreath! Looks like you have an absolutely gorgeous mantle!

    Stopping by from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It turned out so cute!! You are so creative!!! Thanks for linking up! I hope you link up next week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! I adore valentines decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your banner is so cute!! And I would love to try the tissue rose thing, but mine would end up looking like crumpled tissue paper in a ball.
    Just stopping by from The Blog Tap!
    <3kodi
    imleavingmymark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love this post and so glad I came across it :) I have been thinking of decorating my new and you have given me so many ideas :) Thank you for being the light bulb :)

    PS: do follow my blog :) its still new but I will appreciate it :) http://tanzanitesdream.blogspot.com/

    Nasreen
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this! Ditto on the Pinspiration thing. I have a feeling that men all over the world are becoming pleasantly surprised / confused / humored by their wives' newfound passion for decorating because of Pinterest.
    That was deep, but oh well!
    Thanks for linking up Katie!
    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute decor'. Good luck from Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete