Monday, July 30, 2012

Annie Love

 I'm super excited to share one of my favorite bloggers with you today while I'm off on my camping trip.  (Where I will most definitely not be wearing a cute pencil skirt like Annie).  Not only does she have a cute name, but has an amazing wardrobe and I look forward to reading her posts every morning.  I'm pretty sure I've never seen her wear the same thing twice, which is why I always tell her to send her clothes my way when she's done with them!


 Well HELLO you guys! I'm Annie and I blog over at The Other Side of Gray. I am beyond excited to be posting for Katie while she is camping! Don't you guys just love Katie? I certainly do. She always makes me laugh, or smile, or think about life....or want to eat something really delicious that she's recently made.


Anyway. I decided that I would share with you guys some of my favorite ways to wear a pencil skirt. Pencil skirts are like crack for me. And by crack I really just mean dessert (I don't know anything about crack, I swear). You see, I could eat dessert all day every day. And pencil skirts? I would wear them every day if I wasn't afraid of being judged by my co-workers. In the Spring & Summer I love pairing a bright pencil skirt with a plain tee and some statement jewelry - I think it's such an effortlessly chic look. 


Throwing some chambray in there is always an awesome option. And you can never go wrong mixing a patterned skirt with a brightly colored tee or tank. 


So there ya have it - 3 fun ways to rock a pencil skirt. Now I'm off to go find or make some dessert :)

Thanks so much for guest posting for me Annie!  I wish we lived closer so I could borrow some of those pencil skirts! 



Pin It!

27 comments:

  1. I love penci skirts too! I adore how you paired the casual long sleeve tee with the skirt in the first pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looks! Love the casual tee with the pencil skirt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! That first look is my fave :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. she has a great style :) one of my favorite bloggers.
    ExCurlyThoughts
    FACEBOOK
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the pencil skirt w/ chambray look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this post, annie!!! you know i love me some dessert and pencil skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I love that pink pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so cute but the second one is my favorite! I love the pop of color in the shoes.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great look Annie!
    Pencil skirts are such a great staple!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these looks Annie! I could wear pencil skirts all the time too :)

    Xo,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute pencil skirts, Annie.
    Love your blog, following!
    xo Annie
    newenglandromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wear pencil skirts quite often and one of my favorite looks is with a t-shirt. I love all three looks and I think I have tried all three.

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite
    Enter My Bubble Necklace Giveway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. she always looks awesome in pencil skirts! i look downright terrible in them.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love every single look! Annie always rocks whatever she is wearing.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great in pencil skirts! I am definitely a fan...but need to actually buy one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pencil skirts are definitely good for you! You look fab in all of those!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Annie! And I'm so glad she sent me over here - you're adorable! And you shop at many of the same places as me..I love that!

    New follower right here! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, Annie, you straight up rock and I don't think I have seen you wear anything more than once...okay, maybe a few things twice!! You can send your stuff my way too! ;) Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! Annie is so inspirational in her style and I love pencil skirts for work!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    Rachel’s Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love the pink pencil skirt, and the whole first look altogether! I love them all! :)

    www.highheelstosneakers.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look super cute in pencil skirts. The last one is my fave! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  22. my two favorite bloggers in one spot! annie, i love your pencil skirts. please also send your discarded clothes my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Annie, I absolutely agree with you about pencil skirt.I wish I could have more pencil skirt in my wardrobe.Since i have got my emerald green pencile skirt I have fall in love. I love how you styled up your pencil skirt looks.Feminine, trendy and stylish.
    ♥
    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  24. You totally rock those pencil skirts, Annie!
    Love
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  25. she looks so fashionable and cute - love pencil skirts! hope your trip is a fun one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh, Annie! You've inspired me to try a pencil skirt and tee. I probably won't manage to look nearly as chic as you... but I'll try! =)

    ReplyDelete